With past versions of Word, it has been challenging to completely remove changes made to a document while Track Changes was enabled. This problem sometimes resulted in embarrassment when a final document was sent with a history of changes and revisions hidden in the document and unknown to the author.
Luckily, Word 2007 has resolved this problem. Before distributing a document, you can use Word’s Document Inspector to completely remove all comments and revisions.
To prepare a document for distribution:
- Click the Office button.
- Point to Prepare and select Inspect Document.
- Word will display the Inspect Document dialog box.
- Check the first option: Comments, Revisions, Versions and Annotation.
- Check any other options you want Word to inspect.
- Click the Inspect button. (Word will prompt you to save the document if there are unsaved changes.)
- Word will display the inspection results.
If any comments or revisions are discovered, you can permanently remove them by clicking the Remove All button in the Document Inspector dialog.