Word 2010 includes a new Paste feature – the Paste Options Gallery, which puts a number of options for pasting at your fingertips.
As in earlier versions of Word, when you paste, you will see a Smart Tag that lets you select a variety of paste options.
As you hover over the options in the Paste Options gallery, the Live Preview feature temporarily displays your data as it will look if you select that option.
Viewing the Paste Options Gallery
To view the Paste Options gallery:
- Press the CTRL key or click the Smart Tag.
- Word will display the Paste Options Gallery:
- Hover over an option to preview your pasted data.
- Click an option to paste the data into your spreadsheet.
In addition to the Smart Tag, you can also access the Paste Options gallery in two other ways:
- After copying, click the Paste drop-down arrow to display the Paste Options gallery.
- The Paste Options gallery also appears on the right-click context menu.
Depending on the data that you are copying, you will see different options displayed in the Paste Options Gallery. All available options are summarized in the table below:
|Keep Source Formatting||Pastes the copied text without any formatting changes. (The copied text and the pasted text look the same.)|
|Merge Formatting||Applies the font size and style to the pasted text to maintain uniformity in the document.|
|Keep Text Only||Pastes text only with no formatting.|
|Picture||Pastes the copied graphic as a picture.|
|Set Default Paste…||Links to Advanced Word Options screen with Cut, Copy and Paste options.|