If you like to edit images on your Web site with Photoshop, it’s easy to make Dreamweaver use it as the default image editor.
First, you have to select Photoshop as your primary image editor for jpgs (and gifs, etc.). To do so:
- Select Edit | Preferences.
- From the Category list, select File Types/Editors.
- Select the file extensions you want to associate with PhotoShop.
- In the Editors section , click the button with the Plus sign (+).
- Dreamweaver will open the Program Files folder.
- Double-click the Adobe folder.
- Double-click the Photoshop folder.
- Select the Photoshop executable (Photshop.exe).
- Click the Open button.
- Dreamweaver will add Photoshop to the list of editors.
- Select Photoshop in the list and click the Make Primary button.
When you want to edit an image in Photoshop from a document in Dreamweaver:
- Select the image.
- Click the Edit Images button in the Property Inspector.